Follow Us On:
Brochure Download a
The following have made generous contributions:
Contributions were made in honor of Ginger Robinson
Many Friends in Honor of her 70th Birthday
Contributions were made in Honor & Memory of Elizabeth & William Sawyer
Contributions in Honor of Justyce Hawley at her Birthday Celebration
By many of her firends and family.
BRONZE LEVEL SPONSORS ARE:
Fletcher & Ramona Humphries
Petway Pet Food & Supplies
K.I.C.Z. Maintenance & Remodeling
Mr & Mrs William Catlett
Ed & Karen Ish
Larry & Lil Steadman
The Carolina Club
Wise Guys Pies Pizza
The Pointe Golf Club
Currituck County School Nutrition Dept.
Delmar and Gayle Hasselbacher
First Flight Storage
Ralph & Helen Birkel
The Lapham Family
Bell's Island POA
Jennifer & Matthew Settar
Our Heroes' Tree
PJ's Elite Thrift Store
Welcome to the Wonderful World of
“The Currituck Kids Fund!”
Hundreds of “kids” have been touched by our funding. In every case, we have enabled the “kids”to feel better about themselves and to fit in…which we all remember and know is so important as you go through school. Even so, we are a young and small organization and WE NEED YOU!!!!
PLEASE GO AND CHECK OUT OUR GOBBLER JOGGER 5K RUN PAGE USING THE LINK ON THE LEFT. NOW IS THE TIME!!!
Sponsors and Volunteers
Make It Happen!!!!!
OUR EVENTS AND/OR NEWS PAGES SHOW WHAT WE HAVE COMING UP NEXT (AND WHAT HAS HAPPENED RECENTLY).
ATTENTION!!! The Gobbler Jogger 5K Run is coming up very soon. Click on the link to the left to see what is happening, and how to sign up.
IT IS EXCITING STUFF!!
The Currituck Kids Fund is a 501(c)3 charitable component fund of the Currituck-Dare affiliate of the North Carolina Community Foundation. The Currituck Kids Fund was founded in 2008 as an unincorporated community based organization to address the unfunded needs of school aged children in Currituck County.The mission of The Currituck Kids Fund is to provide Currituck County’s school-aged students with the necessities to enhance the total school experience and ensure they reach their full potential with dignity and respect.
Click on the "Sun"image above to see the sunny smiling faces of some of our Currituck Kids Winners
Our Board has experienced the distinct pleasure of receiving many sweet, heartfelt, thankful letters from the appreciative kids our organization has helped over the years, and has heard many heartwarming success stories from kids and adults alike. The picture below is of Currituck Girl Scouts who chose Currituck Kids as their Heroes of the Year as part of their cookie drive.
We are now in our sixth year of helping the "kids" of Currituck County to achieve or maintain success in the school and social endeavors. By providing grants to the school system, social service and organizations such as the YMCA and 4-H we use liaisons to make sure that the needs of "kids" in Currituck County are helped. During the 2012-2013 school year and following summer some of our grants have sponsored:
- 10 “kids” to YMCA, and 4-H camps, enabling them to have summer fun and learning, and their families assurance of their safety while they are away at work.
- The “No Kid Leaves Without a Book” grant for 2013, enabled over 380 “kids” to get a book, from the book fairs, of their very own who would not have be able to get one otherwise. This also benefits school libraries so everyone is helped.
- A high school senior will now have a boost for the future by having earned a $500 scholarship.
- After school care was provided for 15 weeks for 4 children, allowing their parents to keep jobs to provide for them.
- 4 children were sponsored on field trips to enhance their life experiences.
- A number of students were helped with medication needs to enable them to better focus on the learning environment.
- Weekend food needs have been provided for students living in homeless circumstances, and by providing funds to the Backpacks for Kids program.
- Clothing needs for a number of "kids" were met at the time the need was identified or as birthday gifts, enabling them to look just as cute and their classmates beside them.
- Thanks to our partnership with PJ's Elite Thrift Shop, our "kids" are dressed better than ever. With vouchers from Currituck Kids, parents can take their children shopping at PJ's. Help support PJ's and Currituck Kids by donating gently used items. Donations of all kinds are accepted by PJ's location in Moyock.
Individual assistance is provided on an as needed basis, identified by school or agency liaisons, to make sure that individual “kids” are able to succeed in school. This might include prescriptions, glasses, clothing, coats, food, sports physical examinations, and/or field trip fees, etc. When a need is identified that will help one of "our kids" to succeed, we aim to help that success to happen.
Hundreds of 'kids' have been touched by our funding. In every case, we have enabled the 'kids' to feel better about themselves and to fit in... which we all remember and know is so important as you go through school. Make a difference today and participate by making a contribution and/or becoming a member or volunteer. We greatly welcome your participation and we want to hear from you! |